First Pass Driving School Frequently Asked Questions

The RMS website and Centre for Road Safety provide an extensive overview of all Road Rules and other helpful stats and information regarding safety on NSW roads.

Check out the links below:

RMS Road rules:

Centre for Road Safety:

Yes, all our driving instructors are accredited by RTA so we provide driving lessons in dual-controlled vehicles. In fact, we prefer to use our cars for driving lesson.

You must be at least 16 years old before you can apply for a driver licence (Car class C) in Australia.

The Driver Knowledge Test is computer-based test is the first stage of the driver licence process and is composed of 45 questions. You are required to answer at least 41 questions correctly (12 questions correctly among the 15 general knowledge questions and at least 29 among the 30 road safety questions)

The Demerit Point Scheme allocates penalty points for various offences. A certain amount of demerit points can lead to suspension of your driver licence.

Click here for more detailed information:

That totally depends on your skills, learning abilities and consistency with driving. We are determined to be showing you the safest and most practical way to learn how to drive but every student is different. We will not push you to go for your test until you are ready to drive safely and are familiar with all road rules.

Your instructor will fill in your log book after every lesson.

Your lessons go for 1 hour and your instructor will pick you up and then drop you off at the given address. The instructor may also discuss your 20-point safety analysis which might take a few minutes.

It depends of the origin of the overseas licence as well as your driving skills. Your instructor will assess your skills at the start of your first lesson and go through the 20-point analysis report. Please contact our office for further information about converting your overseas licence to an NSW driver licence.

Yes, we do provide a test car at a reasonable rate. We also pick you up an hour beforehand, so you are confident and comfortable for a test.

Yes we do take bookings on the weekends however, weekends are our busiest times so we advice you book a few days ahead.

You can as long as it complies with the RMS regulations for learner vehicles.

Please find more information regarding learner vehicles here.

Yes, all our instructors have a Working with Children Check.

Under Part 2 of the Child Protection Act 2012 anyone involved in child related work needs a Working with Children Check. For more information please refer to the official website:

As part of the licensing process you are required to first pass the Hazard Perception Test in order to progress to your P1 licence.

The Hazard Perception Test is a computer-based test that measures your ability to recognise dangerous situations and respond appropriately. Please visit the RMS website for more information.

Please jump on the RMS website to locate your closest Service Centre.

Close Menu